Definition of fenugreek in English:
A white-flowered herbaceous plant of the pea family, with aromatic seeds that are used for flavoring, especially ground and used in curry powder.
- Trigonella foenum-graecum, family Leguminosae
- The spices - turmeric, black pepper, coriander, fenugreek, cumin and cayenne - formed something similar to a basic Madras curry powder, missing only the sweeter spices.
- Spices such as coriander seeds, cumin, black peppercorns, fenugreek, and chillies are blended with coconut, roasted until quite dark in colour, and then fried giving a toasted nutty taste and lending a dark colour to curries.
- There is no part of the world that is not home to a variety of spices; cumin, coriander, fennel, fenugreek, nigella, sesame, anise, the list is endless.
Definition of fenugreek in:
- British & World English dictionary