- 1The action of transporting someone or something by ferry.More example sentences
- But such vessel can not be used for mere ferriage across a river.
- The state of Ohio has the right to establish ferries on the Ohio side of the Ohio river and to fix their charges for ferriage over the river from Ohio to West Virginia.
- 1.1The fare paid for ferry transportation.More example sentences
- To-day the Fishkill and Newburg Ferry Company, owned by the Homer Ramsdell estate of Newburg, posted a notice that hereafter ferriage across the Hudson will be 7 cents each way.
- The proprietor of any ferry may require lawful ferriage to be paid previously to a passage over his ferry.
More definitions of ferriageDefinition of ferriage in:
- The British & World English dictionary