Definition of ferriage in English:
1The action of transporting someone or something by ferry.
- But such vessel can not be used for mere ferriage across a river.
- The state of Ohio has the right to establish ferries on the Ohio side of the Ohio river and to fix their charges for ferriage over the river from Ohio to West Virginia.
1.1The fare paid for ferry transportation.
- To-day the Fishkill and Newburg Ferry Company, owned by the Homer Ramsdell estate of Newburg, posted a notice that hereafter ferriage across the Hudson will be 7 cents each way.
- The proprietor of any ferry may require lawful ferriage to be paid previously to a passage over his ferry.
Definition of ferriage in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan