Definition of ferric in English:
1Of or relating to iron.
- Without chromium, however, this alloy is vulnerable to corrosion attack in reducing acids when oxidizing salts such as ferric or cupric chloride are present, even in the parts-per-million range.
- Mix the ferric ammonium citrate and oxalic acid well, then add the silver nitrate.
- For his new process, Talbot used ferric chloride, a chemical both inexpensive and one where the depth of etching could easily be controlled.
1.1 Chemistry Of iron with a valence of three; of iron(III). Compare with ferrous.
- The ability of wetland plants to flourish in environments with high Fe concentrations has been attributed to the oxidation of soluble ferrous iron to insoluble ferric iron in the rhizosphere.
- The mottling is created by the alternation of ferrous and ferric iron compounds.
- Ferrous and ferric iron catalyze the formation of reactive oxygen metabolites, which may mediate mucosal injury.
Words that rhyme with ferricalphanumeric, atmospheric, chimeric, cleric, climacteric, congeneric, Derek, derrick, Eric, esoteric, exoteric, generic, hemispheric, Herrick, Homeric, hysteric, mesmeric, numeric, skerrick, spheric, stratospheric
Definition of ferric in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan