Definition of ferric in English:
1Of or relating to iron.
- Without chromium, however, this alloy is vulnerable to corrosion attack in reducing acids when oxidizing salts such as ferric or cupric chloride are present, even in the parts-per-million range.
- Mix the ferric ammonium citrate and oxalic acid well, then add the silver nitrate.
- For his new process, Talbot used ferric chloride, a chemical both inexpensive and one where the depth of etching could easily be controlled.
1.1 Chemistry Of iron with a valence of three; of iron(III). Compare with ferrous.
- The ability of wetland plants to flourish in environments with high Fe concentrations has been attributed to the oxidation of soluble ferrous iron to insoluble ferric iron in the rhizosphere.
- The mottling is created by the alternation of ferrous and ferric iron compounds.
- Ferrous and ferric iron catalyze the formation of reactive oxygen metabolites, which may mediate mucosal injury.
Definition of ferric in:
- British & World English dictionary