1A ring or cap, typically a metal one, that strengthens the end of a handle, stick, or tube and prevents it from splitting or wearing.
- There are cue makers, and other experts in cue stick behavior, that have very strong opinions about the pros and cons of various cue stick shafts, ferrules and tips.
- The tips, called ferrules, of lower quality poles will wear off, but a good cross country ski or outdoor shop will have replacement tips in stock or can order them.
- Against the geometric shapes of globe and pole, and within the rectangular surface of the arras itself, appears the point, which turns out to be the ferrule of a rod, which turns out to be a fan, which opens into the tail of the bird.
1.1A metal band strengthening or forming a joint.
- The other end of the ferrule is connected to the supply pipe to the property.
- The ferrule joint includes a ferrule and an element telescopically insertable into the ferrule to frictionally interlock two rod sections.
Words that rhyme with ferruleferule
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of ferrule in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.