- 1A tall large-leaved Eurasian plant of a genus that includes asafetida and its relatives.
More example sentences
- Genus Ferula, family Umbelliferae
- It's made with ferula, horseradish and garlic extracts, which straighten hair and provide terrific thermal protection.
- Silphium has a big thick root, a stem as long as ferula and just about as thick, and a leaf (which they call maspeton) similar to celery; it has a flat fruit, rather leaf-like, called phyllon ‘leaf’.
late Middle English: from Latin, 'giant fennel, rod'.
More definitions of ferulaDefinition of ferula in:
- The British & World English dictionary