Definition of fervor in English:
1Intense and passionate feeling: he talked with all the fervor of a new convert
More example sentences
- She said it was carried through with great fervor and passion and involved a total commitment to the environment within the school.
- There is no fervour, no passion, and no straightforward moral principle.
- The band perform with the such passion and fervour, it's hard to believe some of the songs are over a decade old.
1.1 archaic Intense heat.
- They carried between them, and actually in their hands, a glowing flame, the fervour of which I felt reflected from the picture on my own cheeks.
- If there is a greater heat and fervour of fire in the ether, then this heat causes a sudden rise and dangerous flooding of the waters.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan