Definition of fetching in English:
Attractive: a fetching little garment of pink satin
More example sentences
- Enjoying a sudden burst of confidence, primarily because he'd just spotted a particularly pretty classmate in a fetching skating skirt, he shot off and left me to my own devices.
- The soloists, too, delivered a fetching geometry onstage, delightful to Balanchine aficionados anytime.
- We even got to roam around Television Centre with them a bit today - Mena making a particularly fetching weather presenter.
- Example sentences
- And so they got on with it, taking the standard British free-fall nuclear bomb of the time, the fetchingly named Blue Danube, and designing a pressurised, water-tight casing for the land-mine version.
- Bowker is more scholarly and far better on Orwell's literary influences; Taylor, eager to be fetchingly original, breaks up his chronological account with mini-essays on aspects of Orwell's career and personality.
- Coldplay's music is reassuringly familiar and dependably thoughtful to everyone except, it seems, Chris Martin, who has fetchingly wrapped up their third album in his insecurities.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.