Definition of fetching in English:
Attractive: a fetching little garment of pink satin
More example sentences
- Enjoying a sudden burst of confidence, primarily because he'd just spotted a particularly pretty classmate in a fetching skating skirt, he shot off and left me to my own devices.
- The soloists, too, delivered a fetching geometry onstage, delightful to Balanchine aficionados anytime.
- We even got to roam around Television Centre with them a bit today - Mena making a particularly fetching weather presenter.
- Example sentences
- And so they got on with it, taking the standard British free-fall nuclear bomb of the time, the fetchingly named Blue Danube, and designing a pressurised, water-tight casing for the land-mine version.
- Bowker is more scholarly and far better on Orwell's literary influences; Taylor, eager to be fetchingly original, breaks up his chronological account with mini-essays on aspects of Orwell's career and personality.
- Coldplay's music is reassuringly familiar and dependably thoughtful to everyone except, it seems, Chris Martin, who has fetchingly wrapped up their third album in his insecurities.