(British fibreglass, also trademark Fiberglas)
Definition of fiberglass in English:
1A reinforced plastic material composed of glass fibers embedded in a resin matrix.
- Known for their innovative designs and pioneering technology, they were the first to use pressed steel, welded wire, fibreglass reinforced plastics and moulded plywood in furniture design and manufacture.
- The cost of one of these Sea Cat fibreglass reinforced plastic boats with a 25 hp outboard engine is 3,000 euros.
- It can also be used on plastics and fiberglass and for polishing stainless steel, high carbon steel, or bronze.
2A textile fabric made from woven glass filaments.
- It is a tightly woven, black, fiberglass mesh that is purchased locally from a provider in Yuma.
- The hull, decks and superstructure of these models are constructed of fiberglass composites using chopped strand and woven fiberglass fabrics.
- A good quality kite made from treated ripstop spinnaker cloth and fibreglass spars starts at about $10.
Definition of fiberglass in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan