- A soluble protein present in blood plasma, from which fibrin is produced by the action of the enzyme thrombin.More example sentences
- The objective of this complex process is to convert a soluble plasma protein, fibrinogen, to an insoluble fibrin mesh, or blood clot.
- This leads to extravasation of fibrinogen and other plasma proteins, activation of the clotting system, and deposition of a fibrin gel in the extravascular space.
- This white, fibrous protein is made when thrombin, an enzyme found in blood, reacts with fibrinogen, a protein in blood.
More definitions of fibrinogenDefinition of fibrinogen in:
- The British & World English dictionary