- The enzymatic breakdown of the fibrin in blood clots.More example sentences
- Molecular markers related to hemostasis and fibrinolysis consist of proteins or peptides that indicate an ongoing physiological or abnormal process related to clot formation, thrombosis, vascular damage, or drug effect.
- Increasing stomach pH in patients with an acute bleeding peptic ulcer will enhance platelet function and inhibit fibrinolysis, but do these actions result in better patient outcomes?
- This includes the use of erythropoietin, surgical techniques that minimise blood loss, and drugs that inhibit fibrinolysis; greater degrees of anaemia are tolerated, and phlebotomy undertaken for diagnostic testing is minimal.
- More example sentences
- This literature mainly comprises the variation in genes for blood coagulation factors, inhibitors, fibrinolytic factors and platelet membrane receptors.
- Acute infections that alter hemodynamics and fibrinolytic systems can trigger an ischemic event.
- Hemostasis involves the integration of many procoagulant proteins, natural anticoagulants, fibrinolytic proteins, and platelet surface glycoproteins.
More definitions of fibrinolysisDefinition of fibrinolysis in:
- The British & World English dictionary