- (Of a disease) characterized by the development of fibrous tissue and cystic spaces, typically in the pancreas or the breast.More example sentences
- Women with a fibrocystic disease should continue to do breast self-examination.
- If a person has had a biopsy that shows certain kinds of fibrocystic disease, she may be at increased risk.
- Most breast tenderness that comes and goes with the period is due to benign fibrocystic disease and should not be a cause for concern.
More definitions of fibrocysticDefinition of fibrocystic in:
- The British & World English dictionary