- A protein that is the chief constituent of silk and spider webs.More example sentences
- Molecular elasticity is associated with a select number of polypeptides and proteins, such as titin, Lustrin A, silk fibroin, and spider silk dragline protein.
- As water volume decreased and the concentration of fibroin increased, the proteins folded in on themselves, forming round structures called micelles.
- The mechanisms are not well defined, but iron and tin will promote the photo-oxidation of the silk fibroin.
More definitions of fibroinDefinition of fibroin in:
- The British & World English dictionary