noun (plural fibrosarcomas or fibrosarcomata /-ˈkōmətə/)Medicine
A sarcoma in which the predominant cell type is a malignant fibroblast.
More example sentences
- Unclassifiable spindle cell sarcoma, fibrosarcoma, or malignant fibrohistiocytoma may resemble the spindle cell areas of angiosarcoma.
- Foci of malignant spindle cells representing fibrosarcoma were also identified.
- Malignant fibrous histiocytomas and fibrosarcomas do not contain osteoid or bone and are typically high-grade lesions.
- More example sentences
- Beneath the capsule, and infiltrating between the Hurthle cell cords and follicles, we identified a proliferation of a second population of atypical spindle cells in a fibrosarcomatous pattern.
- To the best of our knowledge, this case represents the first report of a cellular fibrothecomatous tumor with minor benign sex cord elements and focal fibrosarcomatous stroma.
- Based on the histologic and immunophenotypic features of the fibrosarcomatous components of both the breast and thyroid tumors, we rendered a diagnosis of cystosarcoma phyllodes metastatic to Hurthle cell adenoma.
Pronunciation: /-ˈkōmətəs, -ˈkäm-/adjective
Definition of fibrosarcoma in:
- The British & World English dictionary