Definition of fibrous in English:
Consisting of or characterized by fibers: lignin is the fibrous material that gives wood its strength
More example sentences
- In the rural areas, the fibrous roots of this tree are used for making painting brushes, used for white washing.
- Trim off the small, fibrous roots and put the trimmed sections into pots filled with cuttings compost so the tops are just buried.
- Some of the material was in a fibrous state, making inhalation more likely.
- Example sentences
- A well-circumscribed and fibrously encapsulated tumor mass was revealed in the Douglas cavity.
- In chronic hepatitis, it was strongly deposited at the margin of the fibrously enlarged portal areas where new collagen fibers were formed.
Words that rhyme with fibroushydrous • Cyprus
Definition of fibrous in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan