exclamation• archaic or • humorous
- Used to express disgust or outrage: if people don’t answer your first letter, fie on them!More example sentences
- So fie, for shame, and I declare myself rededicated to this humble art, even to the extent of journaling at work.
- Pressing the worry lines from his face, Broder shouts fie on the do-nothing Congress and demands an end to partisan bickering.
- Thanks to everyone who wrote to say fie upon the mean lady.
Middle English: via Old French from Latin fi, an exclamation of disgust at a stench.
More definitions of fieDefinition of fie in:
- The British & World English dictionary