Definition of field cricket in English:
A cricket that lives in a burrow in grassland and has a musical birdlike chirp.
- Family Gryllidae, numerous species
- For example, the sand field cricket and the southeastern field cricket look nearly identical and inhabit the same geographical areas.
- Although cave crickets might look similar to the field cricket, they are from a different family.
- But we did capture and identify countless leafhoppers, field crickets, earwigs and cabbage butterflies.
Definition of field cricket in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.