- A book in which a surveyor or other technician or scientist writes down measurements and other technical notes taken in the field.More example sentences
- I spent the rest of the day in my sleeping bags, reading a little and occasionally writing down notes in my field book.
- Soon now, very soon, it'll not be possible to count the types of flowers in bloom in twos and threes and those who want to name them accurately will have to drag out the field books and the plant recognition guides.
- The Duncans logged over 80,000 miles together compiling these field books.
More definitions of field bookDefinition of field book in:
- The British & World English dictionary