Definition of field cricket in English:
A cricket that lives in a burrow in grassland and has a musical birdlike chirp.
- Family Gryllidae, numerous species
- For example, the sand field cricket and the southeastern field cricket look nearly identical and inhabit the same geographical areas.
- Although cave crickets might look similar to the field cricket, they are from a different family.
- But we did capture and identify countless leafhoppers, field crickets, earwigs and cabbage butterflies.
Definition of field cricket in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia