- A dark brown mouse with a long tail and large eyes. Also called wood mouse.
More example sentences
- Genus Apodemus, family Muridae: several species, in particular the widespread A. sylvaticus
- Rodents, voles, field mice, and meadow mice feed readily on young vines, and can cause severe damage and kill vines, especially in young plantings which provide a favourable habitat.
- Mr Satinet also explained how the traps worked and gave the children lots of information about small mammals including shrews, water voles and field mice.
- Animals co-habiting in the woods include field mice, grey squirrels, hedgehogs and three roe deer.
More definitions of field mouseDefinition of field mouse in:
- The British & World English dictionary