A large migratory thrush with a gray head, breeding in northern Eurasia.
- Turdus pilaris, subfamily Turdinae, family Muscicapidae
More example sentences
- The berries are startling and I am very much looking forward to the arrival of the northern blackbirds, the fieldfare and redwing.
- Most observations relate to larks, pipits and finches but kestrels are capable of taking such quarry as fieldfares, turtle doves and lapwing.
- In the fields there were plenty fieldfares and redwings who are related to the song thrush.
late Old English feldefare, perhaps from feld 'field' + the base of faran 'to travel' (see fare).
Definition of fieldfare in:
- The British & World English dictionary