- A writ to a sheriff for executing a judgment.More example sentences
- In cases when execution was had by means of a common law writ, such as fieri facias or elegit, it was legal execution: when it was had by means of an equitable remedy, such as the appointment of a receiver, then it was equitable execution.
- The Board on the 17th January 1995 transferred the costs order made in their favour in those proceedings to the High Court for enforcement purposes and issued a writ of fieri facias.
- If the pledges do not produce the convicted party, then execution may be made against them by [writ of] fieri facias, per elegit, or per capias to satisfy the option chosen by the plaintiff.
late Middle English Latin, 'you shall make happen'.
More definitions of fieri faciasDefinition of fieri facias in:
- The British & World English dictionary