- North American • informal Count or rely on something happening or being the case in the future: anyone thinking of salmon fishing should figure on paying $200 a dayMore example sentences
- I wasn't expecting another plane, I figured on a car to take us to Hot Springs,’ Muriel said.
- We weren't counting how many people would be bereft if we died, because we weren't figuring on dying.
- I had figured on being serious at some points - writing my usual novel length posts about life and the world - but this has been much more entertaining for me.
More definitions of figure onDefinition of figure on in:
- The British & World English dictionary