1.1Fill the fuel tank of a car.
- What happens if you drive the car out of state and fill up with high-sulfur fuel?
- The AA advises customers to shop around for fuel and to avoid filling up at motorway service stations.
- Just recently a relative of mine was relieved of her handbag while getting into her car after filling up at a local petrol station.
An instance of making something completely full, especially the fuel tank of an automobile: free coffee with fill-up
More example sentences
- They passed off Samantha like a baton, alternately sprinting through the relay of grocery shopping, dry cleaning drop-offs, and gas tank fill-ups.
- Apart from the obvious financial benefits of running a diesel-powered car, plus the convenience of longer ranges between fuel fill-ups, there is the massive mid-range pulling power.
- Noise levels are low at all times, and the car makes short work of long journeys, with the 80 litre fuel tank giving at least 600 miles between fill-ups.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan