1.1Fill the fuel tank of a car.
- What happens if you drive the car out of state and fill up with high-sulfur fuel?
- The AA advises customers to shop around for fuel and to avoid filling up at motorway service stations.
- Just recently a relative of mine was relieved of her handbag while getting into her car after filling up at a local petrol station.
An instance of making something completely full, especially the fuel tank of an automobile: free coffee with fill-up
More example sentences
- They passed off Samantha like a baton, alternately sprinting through the relay of grocery shopping, dry cleaning drop-offs, and gas tank fill-ups.
- Apart from the obvious financial benefits of running a diesel-powered car, plus the convenience of longer ranges between fuel fill-ups, there is the massive mid-range pulling power.
- Noise levels are low at all times, and the car makes short work of long journeys, with the 80 litre fuel tank giving at least 600 miles between fill-ups.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.