adjective (filmier, filmiest)
1(Especially of fabric) thin and translucent: filmy white voile
More example sentences
- He consumed an amazing amount of filmy fabric in the process of manipulating the sheer material into a richly textured garment.
- They balance tall bamboo poles draped in filmy fabrics.
- Maxine laughed and touched the filmy fabric of a sleeve.
- More example sentences
- Other great writers-Tolstoy, Bellow, Flaubert - seem to look through a clear - seeing inner eye which in Joyce is milkily, filmily sheened.
- In the streets were spears of long grass, and the window-panes on either side broken or filmily staring.