- A small fern of damp shady places, with wiry creeping stems and delicate forked fronds that are only one cell thick. They occur chiefly in tropical and subtropical regions.
More example sentences
- Family Hymenophyllaceae: Hymenophyllum and other genera
- Everything about it is supremely delicate, from the filmy fern leaves to the masses of mauve bell flowers with dangling pale gold anthers that hover over the garden like a pale mist in August.
- There are filmy ferns, and more jagged ferns, ferns which look like moss, and the stumpy Mexican tree fern which never grows very tall.
- Because of this high level of humidity, thick, lush mosses also thrive in the filmy fern house.
More definitions of filmy fernDefinition of filmy fern in:
- The British & World English dictionary