Definition of filter tip in English:
1A filter attached to a cigarette for removing some components from the inhaled smoke.
- ‘It's like a filter tip on a cigarette in that it might help a little bit,’ he said.
- It feels like a real cigarette (well, a real plastic one) right down to its mock filter tip.
- It is no longer a big leaf, it is now in small pieces which are then eventually I think shredded before being wrapped in paper and having a filter tip put on the end.
- Example sentences
- And later this month BBC2 airs a satirical American documentary called The Last Cigarette, which intercuts footage of the congressional hearings with innocent ads from the 1950s extolling the health benefits of filter-tipped ciggies.
- ‘Perhaps,’ he continued, ‘every January 11 th - the anniversary of the Surgeon General's original 1964 report on smoking - we should all light up, giving a filter-tipped finger, as it were, to a health-obsessed government.’
- At the beginning of the 1950s, filter-tipped brands occupied 1 percent of the cigarette market.
Definition of filter tip in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan