- Money, especially when gained in a dishonest or dishonorable way.More example sentences
- So what about those things we didn't cover - like money, the filthy lucre!
- That's an awful lot of money and while filthy lucre alone doesn't make a golf tournament, it doesn't do any harm!
- And there's no sign anywhere of a lull in the crime wave, as British producers, smelling filthy lucre, are courting and flattering ex-cons by the dozen.
early 16th century: with biblical allusion to Tit. 1:11.
More definitions of filthy lucreDefinition of filthy lucre in:
- The British & World English dictionary