Definition of finch in English:
A seed-eating songbird that typically has a stout bill and colorful plumage.
- The true finches belong to the family Fringillidae (the finch family), which includes chaffinches, canaries, linnets, crossbills, etc. Many other finches belong to the bunting, waxbill, or sparrow families
- Finches get bigger, fish gets smaller, but a finch is still a finch and a fish is still a fish.
- Their bills are slimmer than those of most finches.
- Sometimes they are called Painted finches, or Rainbow finches.
Words that rhyme with finchcinch, clinch, flinch, inch, lynch, Minch, pinch, squinch, winch
Definition of finch in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.