- Mixed herbs used in cooking, especially fresh herbs chopped as a flavoring for omelets.More example sentences
- It's a splendid match with garlic, chives and onion, as well as the traditional fines herbes; a blend of chervil, thyme, parsley and tarragon.
- There is a green-waxed Edam (with fines herbes); a mahogany-coloured one (with peppercorns); and a cumin-flavoured one in orange wax.
- The dish was completed with a sieved hard-boiled egg, truffles and fines herbes.
mid 19th century: French, literally 'fine herbs'.
More definitions of fines herbesDefinition of fines herbes in:
- The British & World English dictionary