Definition of fingerling in English:
1A small young fish, especially a salmon parr.
- In this 30-week study, researchers stocked 9 ponds at a per-acre rate of 2,000 large fish and 6,000 fingerlings.
- These migratory diving birds winter in the Delta region, where they voraciously feed on channel catfish fingerlings and any other fish they can swallow.
- The least expensive size of fish for stocking is fingerlings, which are one to three inches long.
2US A variety of potato having a pink, yellow, blue or light tan skin and flesh.
- ‘Purple Peruvian’: Uniquely purple skin and flesh are perhaps this fingerling's best features.
- After that came a pair of small, crunchy tacos filled with diced fingerling potatoes, then topped with a tasty chopping of cold smoked duck breast.
- My friend the arch foodie had nothing bad to say about her crisp roasted chicken, accompanied by chanterelle mushrooms and a little flotilla of fingerling potatoes.
Words that rhyme with fingerlingstrangling
Definition of fingerling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan