Definition of fingerling in English:
1A small young fish, especially a salmon parr.
- In this 30-week study, researchers stocked 9 ponds at a per-acre rate of 2,000 large fish and 6,000 fingerlings.
- These migratory diving birds winter in the Delta region, where they voraciously feed on channel catfish fingerlings and any other fish they can swallow.
- The least expensive size of fish for stocking is fingerlings, which are one to three inches long.
2US A variety of potato having a pink, yellow, blue or light tan skin and flesh.
- ‘Purple Peruvian’: Uniquely purple skin and flesh are perhaps this fingerling's best features.
- After that came a pair of small, crunchy tacos filled with diced fingerling potatoes, then topped with a tasty chopping of cold smoked duck breast.
- My friend the arch foodie had nothing bad to say about her crisp roasted chicken, accompanied by chanterelle mushrooms and a little flotilla of fingerling potatoes.
Words that rhyme with fingerlingstrangling
Definition of fingerling in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.