Definition of fingerpick in English:
Play (a guitar or similar instrument) using the fingernails or small plectrums worn on the fingertips to pluck the strings: black southern guitarists were fingerpicking guitars long before white musicians [no object]: he fingerpicked with facility
More example sentences
- Building upon autoharp, organ, or distantly droning tape sounds which constantly shift and realign, Kawabata fingerpicks his way back to Youngs' home turf, often recalling such British folkies as Bert Jansch or John Martyn.
- First surprise - she curled her fingers around the strings and began to fingerpick, thumb bent backwards and fingers double-jointedly bent on the fret board in the style of the self-taught.
- His last record, 2003's The Transfiguration of Vincent, was a perfect meditation on death and love, delivered with an offhand grace that made fingerpicking and a little snare seem revelatory, even as it conjured the ghost of John Fahey.
nounBack to top
- Example sentences
- Red House Painter brainchild Mark Kozelek turns the dreamlike ‘Lazy’ into a bluegrassy fingerpicker but his sad voice and the bittersweet melody make it sound like a Duluth, Minnesota high lonesome.
- Thom's latest CD, ‘Guts & Steel ’, is a duet CD with the extraordinary fingerpicker, Buster B. Jones.
- Entertainment wasn't a section perused in a local paper - it was something provided by fingerpickers around a dying fire.
Definition of fingerpick in:
- British & World English dictionary