- A private school where girls are prepared for entry into fashionable society.More example sentences
- All the other girls are going home to attend prestigious intuitions; colleges for girls, universities, finishing schools.
- Within five years of his appointment he had turned the institute from a finishing school for witless girls into a seminary with a worldwide reputation.
- Though we do have two finishing schools for girls as neighbors, seeing the same pretty faces every year can be tiring.
More definitions of finishing schoolDefinition of finishing school in:
- The British & World English dictionary