noun (plural finos)
- A light-colored dry sherry.More example sentences
- The best white port from Malvasia grape is a light, stunningly dry and nutty drink similar to fino sherry and best served chilled from the fridge.
- With soup, try a tangy fino or nutty, dry amontillado.
- He was sitting at the bar with a glass of fino and a blonde.
mid 19th century: Spanish, literally 'fine', based on Latin finire 'to finish' (see finish).
More definitions of finoDefinition of fino in:
- The British & World English dictionary