Definition of fire control in English:
1The process of targeting and firing heavy weapons.
- The longer weapon range, sophisticated fire control, and advanced countermeasures of these systems, even in small numbers, present a formidable barrier to our fleet of aging aircraft.
- The digital fire control system calculates separate firing solutions for each of the 8 projectiles.
- Platoon and battery commanders have considerable problems with fire control, protection-in-combat and reconnaissance organization, and terrain orientation.
2The prevention and monitoring of forest fires and grass fires.
- Here are some of the interesting facts researchers have found out in the 70 years since the Forest Service began its aggressive fire control program.
- It was not until the mid-twentieth century that technology made it possible for state fire control agencies to manage all but the most severe outbreaks in rural and forested areas.
- Truckloads of logs were cut to make a fire control line along the Yalmi Road, north of Orbost, in eastern Victoria, during the 2003 bushfires and taken to East Gippsland mills.
Definition of fire control in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.