1A fire-resistant door to prevent the spread of fire.
- Luckily a fire door prevented the flames from spreading into the nearby restaurant area but everything in the kitchen was wrecked beyond repair.
- A fire could spread from your tape safe room through the open fire door to the Computer Room!
- Plus, she props open the fire door, which is clearly marked ‘Fire Door, Keep Closed’, leaves all the lights on and the door to the basement unlocked.
1.1A door to the outside of a building used only as an emergency exit.
- Steven followed her out and closed the door quietly behind him as they tiptoed down the long corridor and exited the building through the fire door, which lead to the outskirts of the school premises.
- The rest of the workers evacuated, with some noticing others heading out the fire doors and leaving the building, so they followed them.
- Somehow they managed to get one of the fire doors open from the outside but fortunately the councillors were able to close it again from the inside.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: fire door
Definition of fire door in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.