Definition of firebrat in English:
A fast-moving brownish insect, a type of bristletail, that frequents warm places indoors.
- Thermobia domestica, family Lepismatidae, order Thysanura
- The firebrat prefers temperatures over 90 degrees F.
- Silverfish and firebrats are active at night and hide during the day.
- Silverfish and firebrats are common household pests.
Definition of firebrat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan