Definition of firecracker in English:
1A loud, explosive firework, typically wrapped in paper and lit with a fuse.
- All around us, Berliners were lighting off fireworks, firecrackers, noisemakers and rockets, and none too cautiously.
- The sparkler demonstrates how to get bright, sparkling light from a firework, and the firecracker shows how to create an explosion.
- Dennis also bought thirty to forty dollars' worth of fireworks, everything from firecrackers to some really serious-looking rockets.
1.1An outstanding, exciting, or attractive person or thing: the book was hardly a literary firecracker
More example sentences
- I wish there'd been more people like her in my own family, more loud little firecrackers who gave us all a run for our money.
- If I had to chose one word to describe the broadcast legend, I would say he's a real firecracker.
- What a firecracker she is!
Definition of firecracker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan