Definition of firecrest in English:
A small warbler having a red and orange crest and occurring mainly in Europe.
- Regulus ignicapillus, family Sylviidae
- Those boon migratory companions, the firecrest and the black redstart, provided considerable entertainment to local birders in 1994.
- He watches a rare firecrest dancing on the banks of the river Fal, witnesses the tumbling flight of evening swifts and reports that experts now believe that birdsong may be - in part at least - pure exuberance, as much spirit as function.
- Do firecrests only stay for winter in the south west or can they turn up any time?
Definition of firecrest in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan