- 1A device containing gunpowder and other combustible chemicals that causes a spectacular explosion when ignited, used typically for display or in celebrations: they were oohing and aahing as if they were watching the fireworks [as modifier]: a firework displayMore example sentences
- After the parade, a spectacular firework display will take place on the banks of the river.
- Never take your dog to a firework display or exercise it whilst fireworks are being discharged.
- The evening culminates with a firework display and a torchlight procession down the hill into Campden.
- 1.1 (fireworks) An outburst of anger or other emotion, or a display of brilliance or energy: when you put these men together, you’re bound to get fireworksMore example sentences
- So what kind of emotional fireworks can we expect from her?
- We can also expect fireworks from such a temperamental lot, most notably the manager.
- Edwina, who lives with her husband and kids in Toronto, says there are always fireworks when show business and family life collide.
More definitions of fireworkDefinition of firework in:
- The British & World English dictionary