- (In the US Army or Marine Corps) the highest-ranking noncommissioned officer in a company or equivalent unit.More example sentences
- We assembled drill sergeants, company commanders, and first sergeants and executed leader training on each aspect of the warrior challenge.
- Conditions are further complicated by unit commanders and first sergeants not being full-time and by all having to get caught up during weekend training.
- All command sergeants major, first sergeants and first line leaders of each command are responsible for the program.
More definitions of first sergeantDefinition of first sergeant in:
- The British & World English dictionary