- An attack with nuclear weapons designed to destroy the enemy’s nuclear weapons before their use.More example sentences
- It was seen as a first-strike weapon and a very destabilizing presence in the bilateral relationship.
- Ministers and Defence chiefs are understood to be in advanced negotiations over developing a new range of much smaller and cheaper nuclear weapons that could be used to launch first-strike attacks on enemies.
- This made it both a first-strike weapon, capable of decimating entire regions, thus incapacitating the enemy, or making it a retaliatory weapon, capable of exacting revenge.
More definitions of first strikeDefinition of first strike in:
- The British & World English dictionary