- A year as reckoned for taxing or accounting purposes: the firm is expected to turn a profit for its fiscal year ending April 30More example sentences
- About 77% of sample firms have fiscal years corresponding to calendar years.
- The company now expects to turn a profit for the fiscal year ending next June.
- That's the first deadline for executives of large companies with calendar fiscal years to certify that they've checked and found their internal financial controls are working.
More definitions of fiscal yearDefinition of fiscal year in:
- The British & World English dictionary