Definition of fishing cat in English:
A small wild cat found in wetland habitats in India and Southeast Asia, having a light brown coat with dark spots, a ringed tail, and slightly webbed paws.
- Felis viverrina, family Felidae
- Next door is the Night Safari where, between 7.30 pm and midnight, you can watch buffalo, deer, tigers and fishing cats as they come out to feed.
- At night, civets and fishing cats take over the action.
- The Asian leopard cat lineage consisted of the Asian leopard cat, flat-headed cat, fishing cat (P. viverrina), and rusty-spotted cat (P. rubiginosa).
Definition of fishing cat in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan