A small wild cat found in wetland habitats in India and Southeast Asia, having a light brown coat with dark spots, a ringed tail, and slightly webbed paws.
- Felis viverrina, family Felidae
More example sentences
- Next door is the Night Safari where, between 7.30 pm and midnight, you can watch buffalo, deer, tigers and fishing cats as they come out to feed.
- At night, civets and fishing cats take over the action.
- The Asian leopard cat lineage consisted of the Asian leopard cat, flat-headed cat, fishing cat (P. viverrina), and rusty-spotted cat (P. rubiginosa).
Definition of fishing cat in:
- The British & World English dictionary