Definition of fitful in English:
Active or occurring spasmodically or intermittently; not regular or steady: a few hours' fitful sleep business was fitful
More example sentences
- His sleep was fitful and intermittent, and he soon rose from bed to go and see his son.
- I snatched six hours of restless, fitful sleep before having to get back into the office.
- She did not practice at all, and immediately drifted into a restless and fitful sleep, though she did not know why.
- Example sentences
- Likeminded psychoanalysts fret over his fluctuating weight, his fitfulness and despondence, his drinking and drugging, and the degree to which he seems either to be ‘really trying’ or ‘just getting by.’
- The scorer is a playmaker commonly accused of fitfulness.
Words that rhyme with fitfulwilful (US willful) • sinful
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.