Definition of fixer in English:
1A person who makes arrangements for other people, especially of an illicit or devious kind.
- In any case, conference arrangements fixers had enabled Labour's vociferous anti-war faction - and the union opposition to private sector involvement in the reform of public services - to get their retaliation in first.
- What about the businesses, the companies, the legitimate American companies that are working with these handlers, these coyotes, these fixers and giving people jobs?
- That night, a gaggle of reporters and political fixers were travelling on the then Vice President's private jet.
2A substance used for fixing a photographic image.
- If you have had your hands in any chemicals, especially fixer, wash them with soap and dry them well.
- Subsequent treatment involves stop bath, fixer, wash, and wetting agent rinse, followed by sponging to remove surface silver deposit.
- Before the real fun begins, discuss with the class the purpose of paper developer, stop bath, fixer and the water wash.
Definition of fixer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan