The expression of patriotism in a populist and emotional way: what began as jingoistic flag-waving deteriorated into an international crisis
More example sentences
- As the war looms closer warmongering propagandists will step up their flag-waving jingoism and attacks on so called ‘traitors’.
- And, no doubt, she would find flag-waving during a Democrat Administration perfectly acceptable.
- These emblems of today's cult of passive suffering are at the opposite end of the emotional spectrum from traditional patriotic flag-waving.
- More example sentences
- Here are the flag-wavers who felt patriotic enough to reply.
- It's easy to be a flag-waver and to be patriotic and to support the troops when you're in the initial attack phase and it looks like you may have only a two-week war.
- As I'm sure you know, I love the country but am no flag-waver.
Definition of flag-waving in:
- The British & World English dictionary