(also flak vest)
- A sleeveless jacket made of heavy fabric reinforced with metal or Kevlar, worn as protection against bullets and shrapnel.More example sentences
- The heavy chest plate in his flak jacket stopped the bullet.
- One of the bullets clipped the flak jacket of one of our producers, Maria Fleet.
- Mrs Roberts has queried whether the gun was in working order and whether the flak jacket provided enough protection.
More definitions of flak jacketDefinition of flak jacket in:
- The British & World English dictionary