Definition of flame tree in English:
Any of a number of trees with brilliant red flowers, in particular.
- ● An Australian bottle tree (Brachychiton acerifolius, family Sterculiaceae). ● another term for royal poinciana (see poinciana)
- A dozen native trees will be saved, including melaleucas, coolamons, conifers, a flame tree and a lilly pilly.
- We had a huge flame tree in the front yard, and the mechanic's pit in the garage had been converted into a bomb shelter, covered by corrugated metal roofing.
- There were two lounges, a desk, a large orange coloured bed and a potted Mizami flame tree in a corner.
Definition of flame tree in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.