- 1A style of Spanish music, played especially on the guitar and accompanied by singing and dancing.More example sentences
- It's been referred to as world music, flamenco, Spanish guitar, folk, etc, so how would you categorise it?
- Elements of flamenco, indigenous folk music, and contemporary harmonic complexity run through Kaufman's work.
- Lazily strummed blues to nervous flamenco in one short guitar solo.
- 1.1A style of spirited, rhythmical dance performed to flamenco music, often with castanets.More example sentences
- They come in expecting to see Mexican folk dance or flamenco.
- The fusion of tap with flamenco, flamenco with Indian classical dance, or tap with Indian is not new in the experimentation of the foot cultures of the world.
- We find this quality in jazz and tap as well as in Euro-Afro dance forms such as flamenco and in world forms from Southeast Asia and the Indian subcontinent.
late 19th century: Spanish, 'like a Gypsy', literally 'Fleming', from Middle Dutch Vlaminc.
More definitions of flamencoDefinition of flamenco in:
- The British & World English dictionary