Definition of flash-freeze in English:
Freeze (food or other material) rapidly so as to prevent the formation of ice crystals: the steaks were flash-frozen
More example sentences
- Seeing an opportunity, Birdseye began to experiment with flash-freezing various foods and, in 1922, started his first food-service company, Birdseye Seafoods.
- Crystals were flash-frozen with liquid nitrogen, using the mother liquor as cryoprotectant.
- There are also select areas used to flash-freeze items that aren't frozen.
- Example sentences
- The modern chef has many tricks up his or her sleeve, including dehydrated powders, fluffy foams, emulsions, flash-freezers, extruders, flavoured salts, sugars, butters and herb oils.
Definition of flash-freeze in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan